Saturday, August 25, 2007

We met Stephenie Meyer today!

Hi all! Carrie & I had a great morning in Pasadena! We put on our "I love Edward Cullen" tees and drove to Vromans bookstore in Pasadena to meet the fabulous Stephenie Meyer! She did a 1/2 hour Q&A with the crowd outside which was fun. Carrie & I were right up front and we both got to ask her a question so that was great! Then we lined up for the book signing and snapped a couple pics before it was our turn to get ours signed. They wouldn't allow posed photos with her because it would be too time consuming :( We didn't get rushed through the line though because I had bought her this funny card and I showed it to her and she really liked it and laughed and then showed it to her sister (I think it was her sister) It was a particularly appropriate card because it showed a bunch of animals in the library reading books on how to fight their natural instincts and such so I thought of Edward & Jacob in the library on a Saturday learning how to control their impulses..........I know, I'm silly, but she thought it was funny too. Anyhoo, we told her how much we LOVE the books and said congrats on all of her success and she was really grateful and nice. Oh, and she liked our Edward shirts too! Interesting observation though...alot of the younger girls that were there seemed to be on "Team Jacob". Hmmmm...

3 comments:

Samantha said...

That is soooo cool. Can you post the pic? That is funny about all of the Team Jacob fans - I guess he needs love too. But Edward's chapter Midnight Sun was super fantastic. Can't wait until she finishes that one too.

So what were your questions and what did she say?

Jen said...

Someone will have to coach me through posting the pics here so I don't screw it up so....any takers? My question to her was if there is a "special" reason that Bella is immune to the vampires abilities or is it irrelevent (I hate obsessing on things that don't matter to the overall story) She said that Bella was just born this way as was everyone else with their special abilities ie.Edward reading minds, Alice seeing the future...etc. Carrie asked about the more adult version she wrote for her sister that she mentions on her website and if she will ever release that and she said no simply because it's not that good. She also just wanted to clarify that "adult" just meant it would be carried in that section of the bookstore, not the young adult or teen section. I can't wait to devour Edwards Midnight Sun.....must find good computer time...wish I could print it out dang nabbit!

agirlnamedgay said...

sweet. those would have been really sweet t-shirts to show up to something like that in!